Barbell Hip Thrusts
Cred: Zoe Caton @Zoe_Fitness_Caton
The Barbell Hip Thrust is a fantastic way to transform that backside!
This exercise is a great way to strengthen glutes, building strength, speed and power.
There are many variations, but we love the barbell simplicity.
Cross Lunge Squats
Cred: Leslie Munoz @LeslieMunoz
We love to target specific hard to reach muscle areas, and the cross over lunge squat is a great way to do just that!
PopSugar breaks down the technique in the following way:
- Feet Shoulder Width apart.
- Take a large step diagonally forward (11 o clock) with left foot, sinking down until thighs form right angles.
- Extent legs, lift knee and bring towards chest. Step back with the left foot, this time lunging behind torso stepping diagonally back (8 o clock).
- Sink down to complete first rep, then switch sides.
Cred: Jasmine Dawn @JasmineDawn91
There are many variations of the Deadlift. We recommend the Romanian DeadLift – Such a great Hamstring and glute blitz.
The Girls Gone Strong Blog is a great spot for tips and benefits of the DeadLift.
Essentially this is a hip hinging movement, and technique is absolutely crucial. Dead Lifts are a fantastic way to support the lose of body fat, gain muscle, get stronger, and become more athletic.
Cred: Brittany Danyelle @BrittanyDanyelle0
Keep those feet flat, knees inline with the feet and a straight back. The squat is a fantastic booty worker!
Some of the top 10 benefits of the squat according to Beauty And Tips include:
- Improve Circulation – bye bye cellulite.
- Great for digestion – improves flow of nutrients and fluids.
- Helps build muscle all over the body
- Non-Impact exercise
- Great to improve posture
- Burn fat faster and lose weight
- Tone your whole leg
- Get that rounder, fuller booty.
Kettle Bell Sumo Squats
Cred: Zoe Lummis @MuscleBunny_Lummy
The Sumo Squat is a great exercise to get the Quads, Glutes and Hamstrings firing on all cylinders.
The wide stance allows us to focus on the pin point area on the inner thigh.
Some great tips according to Muscle & Fitness
- Do not let your heels lose contact with the platform.
- Do not let your knees cave inward.
- Do not round your lower back as you squat.
Weighted Donkey Kicks
Cred: Sally Miller @Sally_GymRatInc
With so many variations of the Donkey Kick, we love the resistance weighted technique, but know that you can certainly choose your variation of preference.
Lushious Lifts breaks down some fantastic information on this particular movement and it’s benefits to your gluteus maximus! But don't let that fool you, it will target all the supporting muscles too and really help bring that booty lifted shape.
Cred: Elisha Thompson @Elisha_t22
The great thing with Weighted Sled Sprints is that it is a real compound workout that hits numerous muscle groups including our targeted area of the glutes, quads and hamstrings. Getting everything firing just the way we want!
According to Mens Fitness, optimal technique is “Arms Straight in front of you, head slightly down, and spine neutral”.